Monday, August 10, 2009
My Son, The Clothes Horse....
So, I was doing a little maintenance on Billy's closet this morning (which is funny, because I never thin out my closet), and pulled out all of his 12 month and starting-to-get-too-short 18 month clothes. I tried to add what I pulled out to the 9-12 month tub of clothes in our recently cleaned out (only to be filled up again) guest room closet, only to find I could fit no more. I crammed them into a Central Market bag. My son, the 18 month old, has three tubs and a brown grocery bag full of clothes he's outgrown over the last 18 months. When I say tubs, I'm talking about those tubs with the hinged lids that interlock to close (when there aren't clothes spilling out of them). I have two more of them in the attic with Christmas decorations in them - they're good sized tubs. But my little man has managed to fill up THREE of them. Stuffed to the gills! How can a child this young have so many clothes??? I was looking at the stack this afternoon, and I suddenly began feeling very thankful for all of our friends and family who have so sweetly given us these pieces of clothing. I know we didn't even buy half of what is in those tubs, and that is amazing to me. That little boy is so adored by so many people - that they see things in the store and just grab them up! It is bittersweet to see all the clothes, because it seems like only yesterday he fit into the smallest of them. And I know it will be no time at all before I'm in the same situation as my Best Friend with her almost 7th grader buying new uniforms to compensate for a 2 inch growth spurt! Ahhh...if only I could just slow down time a few seconds each day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment