Monday, August 3, 2009

A Sad Day for Mama...

I am writing this blog as my summer is rapidly coming to a close. I "officially" have two more weeks off, but this week I'm enrolled in a staff development course on Life Science. It is a great course, but this morning was very, very sad. Instead of running to greet my boy in his PJs and then slowly starting our morning (either with breakfast or an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), I had to get him dressed and then get ready myself. Now, me and Eric take turns in the morning during the school year - but I wanted to do it this morning. This first of what is about to be 180+ mornings where I've got to rush, rush, rush to get my already rapidly growing boy off to the sitter (whom he LOVES) so I can get off to work. If any of you have seen him lately you'd agree - there's very little baby left in him as he transitions completely into toddlerdom. I just hate that it seems that time moves so quickly! And, don't get me wrong, I love my job, BUT - I spend just about every moment wondering "what is he doing now?", "what is he learning?" "what absolutely amazing thing is he going to show me when I see him this evening?"

I know next summer will be here before I know it....and before that I've got Christmas and Spring Break as little teasers...but some days I wish we could just keep on hanging out at the house, doing our little routines and playing our little games every day. That is why weekends during the school year are so precious. That is why I tend to put everyone else on "ignore" on Saturdays....the only day me, Billy, and even Eric can just have our quiet, family at home time. So I guess this is not only a "highly emotional" post from a mom who is starting to think staying home wouldn't be all bad....but also a bit of an advance apology to everyone - since once school starts I'll either go MIA a lot, or say no more often than I want...to protect the precious few weekend days we have to play while Billy still wants to hang out with his parents ;)

That said - if you're really wanting to see us and you know we're caught up in the constant whirlwind of life...give a call and stop on by. Just know, I very strongly hold to this poem given to my by my mom - "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow, but babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, and dust go to sleep - I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep" -Anonymous (this means, there's clutter, dust, and maybe even (gasp) dishes in the sink...so deal with it! :)

And here's a photo of my rapidly growing boy....I have some video, but all the little toot wants to do is "see" what is recording when I turn it on:

3 comments:

  1. I do love the mohawk... He's a cute little toot, too.

    Chad and I have some really great videos of him... I just need to put them all together and put them up on youtube.

    And I'm proud of you for being able to work AND be such a great mom for Billy... I hope I can learn to juggle one day as well as you can! (Of course we had a good teacher, too!) I love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear darling adorable Jennifer you will be surprised at how long they want to "hang" with you especially you and eric! you have so much fun, love and add a little adventure, and you will prob have to make room for a newlywed couple! So dont plan on being just you and Eric for many many years! I knew that you had no clue before billyo was born the love that fills your heart....and never leaves! I Love you to the moon and back little girl! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh he sure is adorable. i think you are an incredible mom and it's quite obvious how much you adore your sweet little boy. he is BLESSED to have you and eric as parents!! talk about a fun life that kid's gonna have! we have the best time when we are around you guys (and i know all of your friends would agree). hoping you have an awesome school year!

    ReplyDelete